METHODOLOGICAL FEASIBILITY OF TEST TECHNOLOGIES IN ASSESSING MEDICAL STUDENTS’ PROFICIENCY
The paper is focused on the issues associated with implementation of test assessment methods in the educational process of higher medical educational institutions. The objective of the research is to develop the cycle of test assignments and provide methodological recommendations for their integration in higher medical education. The article examines the advantages of using test methods as compared to the traditional ones for assessment of learning outcomes at higher medical educational institutions (the minimum time expense for performance and checking the results; the possibility of checking the quality of mastering knowledge in both theoretical and practical material; diversification of the learning process). It has been shown that such methods promote the cognitive activity of students and help in shaping the professional competence of future doctors. The authors have justified the methodological algorithm for the suggested system of tasks. The proposed cycle of test tasks is aimed at improving the knowledge, skills and abilities of medical students. Targeted and methodically thought-out work with test assignments at higher medical educational institutions is one of the effective ways of forming the competence of future specialists in the field of medicine and healthcare. The prospects for study consist in further in-depth research of the potential of test methodology in assessing the learning outcomes of medical students.
2. Bieliaieva O.M. On the issue of classification of exercises in domestic and foreign linguodidactics (review article) / O.M. Bieliaieva, Yu.V. Lysanets // Aspects of foreign languages study and lingvodidactic bases of teaching: Collection of scientific works. – Poltava, 2017. – Vol. 17. – P. 6-15.
3. Bieliaieva O.M. Competency-based medical education: Implementation and development at undergraduate level / O.M. Bieliaieva, Yu.V. Lysanets, I.V. Znamenska, O.O. Pisotska, I.H. Romanko // Topical issues of quality of medical education: proceedings of scientific and practical conference with international participation (May 12-13, 2016, Ternopil): in 2 Vol. – Ternopil : I. Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University, 2016. – T.1. – P. 331-332.
4. Chelyshkova M.B. Theory and practice of constructing the training tests: Textbook / M.B. Chelyshkova. – Moscow : Logos, 2002. – 432 p.
5. Guzeev V.V. Organizational forms of study and lessons / V.V. Guzeev // Physics at school. – 2002. – No. 4 – p. 22-28.
6. Means and technologies of a unified information educational space: Collection of academic papers / Ed. V.Yu.Vikova, Yu.O.Zhuk. – K. : Atika, 2004. – 240 p.
7. Morokhovets H.Yu. Developing the professional competence of future doctors in the instructional setting of higher medical educational institutions / H.Yu. Morokhovets, Yu.V. Lysanets // Wiadomości Lekarskie. – 2017. – 70(1). – P. 101-104.
8. Morokhovets H.Yu. Methodological bases of test control of students’ knowledge / H.Yu. Morokhovets, Yu.V. Lysanets // Innovative technologies in the organization of the students’ self-directed work at medical educational institutions: proceedings of educational and scientific conference with international participation (Poltava, March 23, 2017). – Poltava : “Ukrainian Medical Stomatological Academy”, 2017. – P. 102-103.
9. Rak B. Information resources and technologies in education / B. Rak // Visnyk Lviv. un. Series: Pedagogical sciences. – 2001. – No.15. – P. 201-205.
10. Stryzh A.A. Communicative competence of medical students as an object of test control / A.A. Stryzh, Yu.V. Lysanets // Achievements and prospects for implementation of the credit-module system in organization of the educational process at higher medical (pharmaceutical) educational institutions of Ukraine: proceedings of educational and scientific conference with international participation (Ternopil, May 15-16, 2014): 2 vol. / Ternopil : I. Horbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University, 2014. – Vol.1 – P. 378-379.
Tchaikovska O. Development and introduction of multimedia software and pedagogical systems in the educational process / O. Tchaikovska // Higher education of Ukraine. – 2004. – No.1. – P. 102-105.