THE INFLUENCE OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHRONOTYPE ON SCAR FORMATION DURING THE USE OF PLACENTAL CRYOEXTRACT AT THE INTRAOPERATIVE STAGE
To define the individual features of the organization of circadian rhythms, the term "chronotype" was proposed, which is becoming increasingly popular in research in the field of medicine. According to the analysis of literature data, biological rhythm affects not only the mental state, obesity but the human condition as a whole. Biological rhythms are a manifestation of the fundamental properties of the organic world, provide the ability of man to adapt and survive in the environment. In this aspect, of particular interest is the functioning of the organism, taking into account its individual characteristics in terms of the organization of biorhythmic processes. The research was conducted on the basis of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery on the basis of CE «Poltava M. V. Sklifosovskyi Regional Clinical Hospital of the Poltava regional council». A total of 24 patients participated in the study. To study the materials, we analyzed patients who were hospitalized for routine surgery for congenital neck cysts and tumors of the head and neck. Patients were interviewed during hospitalization, as well as a questionnaire to determine the chronotype. Patients were divided into the following 2 groups, namely: group 1, which in turn comprised 2 subgroups: 1.1 - Patients with morning chronotype; 1.2 - Patients with evening chronotype. The first subgroup (1.1 - with the morning chronotype) consisted of 7 subjects who underwent surgery in the morning. The second subgroup (1.2 - with evening chronotype) consisted of 9 patients who underwent surgery at about 15:00. In each of these subgroups during surgery, intradermal administration of the drug "Cryocel" was performed. - group 2 (control). The second control group consisted of 8 patients, all patients in this group were operated on according to the classical method without the use of additional preventive measures. On the 90th day of the clinical study, we could observe a significant difference in the comparison of postoperative scars, namely in patients with morning chronotype and in patients with evening chronotype it was 42%, the difference with control was 71% and the difference between the subgroup 2 and the control group was 50%. On the 180th day of the study, we observed a significant difference between the groups, in patients of subgroups 1 and 2, as compared to the control group, clinical data in the description of postoperative scars were better by 25%. When comparing subgroups 1 and 2, no difference was observed. Thus, on the 180th day when examining patients, the clinical picture was more favorable in subgroups 1 and 2. According to the data obtained, we can say that in patients who underwent surgery in the morning and injected with placental cryoextract, wound healing and scar formation on the 90th day was faster and better than in patients who underwent surgery at lunchtime, and patients who underwent surgery according to the classical method without the use of additional preventive measures.
2. Belfry KD, Deibel SH, Kolla NJ. Time of Day Matters: An Exploratory Assessment of Chronotype in a Forensic Psychiatric Hospital. Front Psychiatry. 2020;11:550597. Published 2020 Dec 18. doi:10.3389/fpsyt.2020.550597.
3. Kiehn JT, Tsang AH, Heyde I, et al. Circadian Rhythms in Adipose Tissue Physiology. Compr Physiol. 2017;7(2):383-427. Published 2017 Mar 16. doi:10.1002/cphy.c160017.
4. Glutkin SV, Chernysheva JuN, Zinchuk VV, Balbatun OA, Orehov SD. Fiziologicheskaja harakteristika lic s razlichnymi hronotipami. Vestnik Smolenskoj gosudarstvennoj medicinskoj akademii. 2017; № 2: 48 – 58.
5. Stepanova SI. Bioritmologicheskie aspekty problemy adaptacii. M.: Nauka, 1986. 244.
6. Horne JA, Ostberg OA self-assessment questionnaire to determine morningness-eveningness in human circadian rhythms. International Journal of Chronobiology. – 1976. – V.4, N2. – P. 97-110.
7. Loza HO. Іntraoperacіjna profіlaktika utvorennja patologіchnih rubcіv shkіri v rіznih dіljankah oblichchja ta shiї (eksperimental'no-klіnіchne doslіdzhennja) [disertacіja]. Poltava: Ukraіns'ka medichna stomatologіchna akademіja; 2016. 44-45.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.