EFFECTS OF BIOLOGICAL AGE AND AGING RATES ON THE EXPRESSION OF RISK FACTORS IN PATIENTS WITH ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION AND TYPE 2 DIABETES MELLITUS
Objective: biological age has been given a large role in determining the significance and contribution to the general concept of risk factors in recent years. The relevance of determining the rate of aging is also due to the fact that the rate of aging may have a real prognostic value for assessing the health of both an individual and groups exposed to one or another risk factor. The aim of the present paper was to study the biological age, to assess the rate of aging in persons with high cardiovascular risk (CVR), as well as to carry out search for possible correlations of age-related indices of aging and some risk factors. Methods: During 2016-2018, 96 patients (42 men and 54 women), whose mean age was 62.66 ± 4.21 years, with AH stage II (disease duration of 10.2 ± 3.7 years) and DM2T, disease duration of 4.1 ± 2.4 years) were included in the study. The biological age and rate of aging was investigated by the method of V.P. Voitenko et al. Results: Physiological aging was observed in 9.38% (9/96) patients, in 31.25% (30/96) there was a delayed rate of aging, in 59.38% (57/96) - an accelerated rate of aging (ARA). ARA was characterized by a more pronounced body mass index, fasting blood glucose level, insulin resistance degree. In men, ARA was observed 2 times more frequently than in women. The most significant correlations between the indices characterizing the biological age and the rate of aging were recorded with systolic, diastolic and pulse arterial pressure. Conclusion: Thus, the complex of anthropometric and metabolic disorders can act as an initiating syndrome of accelerated aging, thereby aggravating the existing cardiovascular risk.
2. Barkhudaryan MS, Sarkisyan GT, Kogan VYu Sravnitelnaya otsenka tempa stareniya i biologicheskogo vozrasta rabotnikov umstvennogo i fizicheskogo truda. Meditsinskaya nauka Armenii NAN RA. 2014; 54(12): 81-87. [in Russian]
3. Chernysheva EN, Panova TN, Donskaya MG Protsessy perekisnogo okisleniya lipidov i prezhdevremennoye stareniye pri metabolicheskom sindrome.Kubanskiy nauchnyy meditsinskiy vestnik.2013; 1(136): 181-183. . [in Russian]
4. Emelyanov VV Metabolicheskie faktoryi uskorennogo stareniya organizma u bolnyih saharnyim diabetom 2-go tipa i ih korrektsiya [avtor.disert.v InternetI]. Chelyabinsk: Chelyab. gos. med.akad. Feder.agentstva po zdrav. i sots. razvitiyu»;2007. [tsitovano 2018 SIch 20] Dostupno: http://www.dissercat.com [in Russian]
5. Plakuyev AN, Yuryeva MYu, Yuryev YuYu Sovremennyye kontseptsii stareniya i otsenka biologicheskogo vozrasta cheloveka. Ekologiya cheloveka.2011;4: 17-25 . [in Russian]
6. Boccardi V, Barbieri M, Rizzo MR, Marfella R, Esposito A, Marano L, Paolisso G A new pleiotropic effect of statins in the elderly: modulation of telomerase activity. FASEB J. Sep. 2013; 27 (9): 3879-85.
7. Fagard RH Predicting risk of fatal cardiovascular disease and sudden death in hypertension. J Hypertens. 2017 Nov;35(11):2165-2167.
8. Glasser SP, Halberg DL, Sands C, Gamboa CM, Muntner P, Safford M Is Pulse Pressure an Independent Risk Factor for Incident Acute Coronary Heart Disease Events? The REGARDS Study. Am J Hypertens. 2014 Apr; 27(4): 555–563.
9. Inzucchi SE, Bergenstal RM, Buse JB, Diamant M, Ferrannini E, Nauck M, et.al. Management of Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes, 2015: A Patient-Centered Approach: Update to a Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes. Diabetes Care.2015 Jan; 38(1):140-149.
10. Izzo C, Carrizzo A, Alfano A, Virtuoso N, Capunzo M, Calabrese M et al. The Impact of Aging on Cardio and Cerebrovascular Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Feb; 19(2): 481.
11. Mancia G, Fagard R, Narkiewicz K, Redón J, Zanchetti A, Böhm M, et al. 2013 ESH/ESC Guidelines for the management of arterial hypertension: the Task Force for the management of arterial hypertension of the European Society of Hypertension (ESH) and of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). J. of Hypertension. 2013;31 (7): 1281–1357.
12. Molani GR, Rafraf M, Asghari JM Evaluation of cardiovascular risk factors in women referring to health centers in Tabriz, Iran, 2017. Health Promot Perspect. 2018 Oct 27;8(4):315-322.
13. North J. Brian , Sinclair A. David . The Intersection Between Aging and Cardiovascular Disease. Circ Res. 2012 Apr 13; 110(8): 1097–1108.
14. Piepoli MF, Hoes AW, Agewall S, Albus C, Brotons C, Catapano AL, et al. 2016 European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: The Sixth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by representatives of 10 societies and by invited experts) Developed with the special contribution of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation (EACPR). Atherosclerosis. 2016 Sep; 252: 207-274.
15. Syed S. Mahmood, Daniel Levy, Ramachandran S. Vasan, Thomas J. Wang. The Framingham Heart Study and the Epidemiology of Cardiovascular Diseases: A Historical Perspective. Lancet. 2014 Mar 15; 383(9921): 999–1008.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.