CONDITION OF HORMONAL STATUS OF THE BODY IN WHITE RATS UNDER THE EXPOSURE TO SODIUM FLUORIDE
We calculated studied the state of the hormonal status in experimental animals under the influence of sodium fluoride in 45 adult rats (males and females) of the Wistar population, which were orally administered a solution of sodium fluoride at a rate of 20 mg / kg of weight daily in the morning on an empty stomach, under the model conditions of intoxication. The duration of the subacute experiment was 1.5 months, after which the animals were euthanized by decapitation. Comprehensive assessment of the hormonal status in white rats was carried out by radioisotope methods in the serum. The results showed reduced levels of folliculotropin and progesterone, increased levels of thyroxine, adrenocorticotropin, glucagon, triiodothyronine, thyrotropin and calcitonin, while insulin, somatostatin and serum glucose levels decreased. There was no change in the dynamics of the content of sex hormones - luteotropin, prolactin, testosterone compared with the control (P> 0.05). Furthermore, in the blood serum of rats, there was an increase in the levels of prostaglandin PGE2, prostacyclin (6 keto-PGF1a), leukotriene B4 and a decrease in the concentrations of prostaglandins PGE1, PGF2a and leukotriene C4. At all levels of the study of the endocrine system, deep shifts in the functional activity of the hypothalamus-pituitary-cortical substance of the adrenal glands, thyroid gland, and sympatho-adrenal structures have been identified. Analysis of the detected changes in the hormonal status allows judging the nonspecific reaction of the body to fluoride intoxication and reflects the state of the protective-adaptive mechanisms, in which the hypothalamus, the thyroid gland and the adrenal glands play a large role. Changes in the dynamics of concentrations of hormones and histohormones reflected a significant stress of the protective-adaptive mechanisms, which, in terms of structural and functional units, led to disruption of metabolic processes, including those associated with the development of fluoride intoxication. Disruption of the balance of hormones and functioning of the endocrine organs and systems entails profound changes in the metabolic processes and the immunobiological reactivity of the organism, weakening the action of the protective-adaptive mechanisms in maintaining the homeostatic function.
2. Dubovaya A.V., Exogenic and endogenic intoxication. Funksionaldetoxification system. Methods of active detoxification: Health of the child, 2011;5 (32):79-86.
3. Lake B.G., Price R.J., Evaluation of the metabolism and hepatotoxicity of xenobiotics utilizing precision-cut slices: Xenobiotica. 2013;43:41-53.
4. Effects of single exposure of sodium fluoride on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in salivary glands of rats / P.M. Yamaguti, A. Simoes, D.N. Souza [et. al.] // Oxidat. Med. Cell Long Article, ID674593.
5. Anzenbacher P.,Zanger UM, Metabolism of drugs and other xenobiotics: Wiley-VCH, 2012. 724.
6. Danielle K, Pelkonen O, Ahokas T, Hepatocytes: the powerhouse of biotransformation: Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2012; 4:257-265.
7. SchlezingerJJ, White RD, Stegeman JJ, Oxidative inactivation of cytochrome P-450 1A (CYP1A) stimulated by 3,3`, 4,4`-tetrachlorobiphenyl: production of reactive oxygen by vertebrate CYP1As: Molecular Pharmacology. 1999;56:588-597.
8. Porter TD, The roles of cytochrome b5 in cytochrome P450 reactions: Biochem. Mol. Toxicol. 2002;16(6):311-316.
9. Danielle K,Pelkonen, O, Hepatocytes: the powerhouse of biotransformation: Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2012;44:257-265.
10. Bagmut I. The impact on the state oligoestersmicrosomalmonooxygenase system hepatocytes white rats in the experiment / I.Yu.Bagmut // Strategic question of Science, 2014: materials of international IX scientific conference. Polska ,Przemysl: «Nauka and studia». 2014;26:41-45.
11. Status hydroksylmonooksyhenaz system hepatocytes under the Influence of different doses of olygoethers / Bagmut I.YU., Klimenko NA, Zhukov VI // Education and science without borders - 2013: materials of international IX scientific conference. Polska, Przemysl: «Nauka and Studi". 2013;2:62-67.
12. Klimenko M.O, Kucheryavchenko M.O, Bagmut I.Yu, Long subtoxiclaproksyd influence on the metabolic activity of monooxygenase system of hepatocyts in subacute experiment: Problems of continuing medical education and research. 2014;4(16):57-60.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.